Mother’s Day is here. (I know, right? Where IS the time going?) If you’re hosting a gathering of friends or family (or want to!), it does not have to be terribly complicated for it to be really awesome. My friends and I at Go Local Boston came up with a few ideas for an easy “Grab and Host” Mother’s Day Brunch.
Pick and Choose Your Favorites to make your brunch yours.
- Grab a pre-cooked quiche from your local grocery store or bakery.
- Add some pastries like simple tarts or scones.
- Whip up a simple recipe like Ina’s Tequila Lime Chicken and roast some asparagus.
- A few bottles of bubbly never hurts any gather.
- Put together a cheeseboard to greet guests.
- Don’t forget flowers to decorate. They can also be sent home with guests as a Mother’s Day treat.
In Boston, here are some of our favorite easy places to grab your Brunch items. Special thanks to them for providing some of the items for these photos.
Brothers Marketplace – you can get everything you need — from prepared foods to champagne to all the cheeses for your cheeseboard and don’t forget the flowers — for an amazing brunch at this little piece of bliss. Two locations — Medfield and Weston.
Praline – This French bakery is Belmont is a great stop for macarons and tarts that are as beautiful as they are delicious.
Greentail Table – Tons of creative decorative items and gifts for the home and table.
Sense and Humor – Funny gifts for mom.
Happy Mother’s Day!