Let’s just start by saying this. I am not your typical tofu girl. The texture. What does it taste like? Alot of baggage for a product I’d never even tried.
Then I started eating healthier and learning more about where our food comes from, and I had the occasional opportunity to try tofu in a couple of very nice restaurants. Guess what? It was delicious. But I still couldn’t make the leap from the gorgeous chef-prepared tofu to me grabbing a container at my local supermarket.
Then the nice folks at Boloco invited me to try some of their products featuring organic, non-GMO Nasoya tofu, and I jumped at the opportunity. My whole family including my picky, picky pre-schooler loves Boloco. It’s a Boston-based restaurant with 21 restaurants in New England in DC, and they serve burritos, bowls, smoothies, and shakes. [OMG. Must try Nutella shake.]
Boloco has been producing these videos with their suppliers that give a little insight into the origin of the food they serve. Their tofu partner is a company called Nasoya. I’ve seen the brand in the grocery store, but I didn’t know much about them. I learned that not only are they the leading brand of tofu, but they are also a local company — from Ayer, Massachusetts! Boloco uses the tofu in a variety of their burritos and bowls including Buffalo, Teriyaki, and Tikka Masala (although it’s easy to customize any menu item at Boloco…just ask to substitute tofu).
Here’s the CIA (Culinary Investigation Assignment) where Nasoya gave the Boloco team a behind-the-scenes look at tofu production.
My local Boloco is in Natick, MA. I stopped by and tried the Tikki Masala burrito with tofu. It was delicious. I highly recommend you try adding the tofu to your next order at Boloco, and the nice folks at Boloco are going to make that even easier for one kimworld reader by offering a $10 gift card and free coupons for Nasoya tofu! Enter below using rafflecopter.
Also, next time you are at the grocery store, grab a package of Nasoya tofu and make this delicious boloco recipe at home!
- Nasoya Tofu
- Cajun Spice Mixture
- Pan Spray
- Open up the plastic covering the tofu and drain the liquid out into the sink.
- Place on a cutting board and cut the “brick” in to 5 pieces lengthwise.
- Spray the clean baking pan with non-stick spray and lay the tofu on the tray.
- Once the tray is full (be careful to leave ½ inch between the pieces so roasting happens consistently), liberally season the topside with Cajun seasoning.
- Roast for 15 minutes in oven at 450°F.
- After 15 minutes remove and turn using spatula. Liberally spice second side with Cajun seasoning and place back into oven at 450°F.
- Once complete, remove from oven and enjoy
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: Boloco and Nasoya provided me with gift cards and coupons to try their products. They also provided the giveaways for the lucky reader. All opinions are, as usual, mine.